Working with CORS
- Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS) is an essential browser-based mechanism that protects users from CSRF attacks and servers from resource (IP) abuse. That being said, a lot of Web Developers struggle with CORS while building their web apps and end up copying some code from the internet to do away with CORS errors without understanding what they’re doing. This talk/workshop aims to help Developers understand why CORS is important, and how to work with it and not against it.
- What is CORS, why is it required and the nuances of using it with Credentialed Requests, Non-Credentialed Requests, Cookies, images, CSS and fonts.
- Duration: Roughly three to four hours, but content can be reduced based on available time.
- Talk content
- Demo: github.com/HarshKapadia2/cors
- Resources: dev.harshkapadia.me/resources#cors